· Check the location of the clinic your appointment is at.
· Please arrive on time. If you are late, we may not be able to see you as this can cause delays for patients who have appointments after you.
· You should be seen on time and not have to wait longer than 15 minutes.
· Individual appointments will last for up to 30mins.
· The physiotherapist may carry out a physical examination, so wear suitable underwear. You may wish to bring a pair of shorts.
· You will be asked to complete questionnaires which help us to monitor our service and make improvements.
· The therapist will discuss with you the best way to manage your problem.
Treatment programmes –
1) A course of individual therapy
2) Group based exercise classes
3) Referral to our Pain Management Service for management of chronic persistent pain
The emphasis of all our programmes is on self-management and control of symptoms - this approach will allow you to work purposefully on your health and fitness.
We want you to get the best result from treatment for your condition. You can do this by attending all appointments and by following the instructions for any therapies and exercises recommended to be carried out at home.
Cancelling or changing an appointment:
· Please call us at least 48hours in advance if you need to cancel or change your appointment.
· You can call us on the numbers above or email us on OTphysioCMSappointments@ldh.nhs.uk
· Repeated cancellations will lead to you being discharged back to your referring doctor.
Failure to attend appointment:
· The department has a strict policy on non-attendance.
· Failure to attend an appointment will lead to an immediate discharge back to your referring doctor.